Oct 27 , 2022
Seasonal Skin Changes...
1. Freckles and Sunspots are more noticeable after summer and sun exposure. These skin conditions can be managed with brightening/lightening agents such as Vitamin C for hyperpigmentation. It does not require a prescription and is well tolerated by most skin types. We recommend our Re-Vitalize C serum and use daily. Typically we recommend using for 2-4 weeks consistently to see improvement. Be sure to also wear sunscreen daily to prevent further effects of sun exposure on the skin.
2. Dry and dehydrated skin is common after a season of fun in the sun. This can easily be treated by using a moisturizer twice a day to hydrate the skin. Our Replenish Collagen Peptide Moisturizer is the perfect antidote to treat dry skin. It is formulated with hyaluronic acid and jojoba oil to draw moisture into the skin. It also contains retinyl palmitate which helps promote cell turnover and improves skin tone. This moisturizer is also packed with peptides to stimulate collagen production leading to healthier stronger skin. All these properties make this a power anti-aging and moisturizing cream.
3. Sunburn can lead to significant peeling and dryness for a prolonged time. To effectively treat peeling and dry skin, we recommend treating this with our Replenish Collagen Peptide Moisturizer. This deeply hydrates dry, tight and uncomfortable skin and strengthens the skin barrier. Once the peeling has resolved, use our gentle Radiance Grapefruit Toner designed to remove redness and inflammation from the skin. It is specially formulated with all natural extracts such as aloe vera, chamomile, and green tea to soothe and calm irritated, red skin. These powerhouse ingredients have been shown to help with eczema, rosacea and psoriasis too.
4. Acne is commonly seen during the summer as a result of sweat mixing with bacteria and oils on the skin and clogging up pores. It is important to cleanse skin once or twice daily and after exercise. We recommend our Rebalance pHacial Cleanser. This non-drying cleanser is well tolerated by most skin types because it is pH balanced which maintains our skin barrier. Disruptions in the skin barrier can cause bacteria to proliferate and lead to acne breakouts. Additionally, Salicylic acid is a beta hydroxy acid that helps prevent and eliminate white heads and black heads. We recommend our Regenerate Salicylic Exfoliating Pads (a client favorite!) to go deep and remove dirt, debris from the pores and clear off dead skin cells. This helps enlarged pores to shrink and improves skin texture. Keep in mind, sometimes acne care will require a visit to your doctor.
5. Lastly, people often seek medical evaluation for White Spots at the end of summer and early fall as they are more noticeable against tanned skin. Rest assured, this is frequently seen at this time of year. One common condition is Pityriasis Alba which is thought to be related to eczema that becomes noticeable in summer time as patches of eczematous skin do not tan. Another condition is Tinea versicolor which arises from fungus on the skin especially in warm, humid conditions and excess sweating. These can be easily treated with a quick visit to your doctor and prescriptions treatments.
From fun in the summer sun to a festive fall, skin care is ever needed, but also ever easy. Maintain your skin routine, but keep in mind the above skin changes and treat them accordingly. You will be thrilled with the results of healthy, clear, glowing skin:)